| > Printable version|
One part polyurethane,
Sikaflex-1a is a premium-grade, high performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant. Meets Federal specification TT-S00230C, Type II, Class A. Meets ASTM C-920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 25; Canadian standard CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87
WHERE TO USE
• Designed for all types of joints where maximum depth of sealant will not exceed 1/2 inch.
- Excellent for small joints and fillets, windows, door frames, reglets, flashing, and many construction adhesive applications.
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal joints; readily placeable at 40 F.
- Has many applications as an elastic adhesive between materials with dissimilar coefficients of expansion.
- Eliminates time, effort, and equipment for mixing, filling cartridges, pre-heating or thawing, and cleaning of equipment
- Fast tack-free and final cure times.
- High elasticity - cures to a tough, durable, flexible consistency with exceptional cut and tear-resistance.
- Stress relaxation
- Excellent adhesion - bonds to most construction materials without a primer
- Excellent resistance to aging, weathering
- Proven in tough climates around the world
- Odorless, non-staining
- Jet fuel resistant
- NSF-approved for potable water contact
- Urethane-based; suggested by EPA for radon reduction
- Paintable with water-, oil-and rubber-based paints
- Capable of ±25% joint movement
10.3 fl. oz. cartridge seals 12.4 lineal ft. of 1/2 x 1/4 in. joint
20 fl. oz. uni-pac sausage seals 24 lineal ft. of 1/2 x 1/4 in. joint
Disposable 10.3 fl. oz., moisture-proof composite cartridges, 24 case; and unipac sausages, 20 fl. oz., 20/carton
- Allow 1-week cure at standard conditions when using Sikaflex-1a in total water immersion situations and prior to painting
- When overcoating with water, oil and rubber based paints, compatibility and adhesion test is essential.
- Avoid exposure to high levels of chlorine. (Maximum continuous level is 5ppm of chlorine.)
- Maximum depth of sealant must not exceed 1/2 in.; minimum depth is 1/4 in.
- Maximum expansion and contraction should not exceed 25% of average joint width
- Do not cure in the presence of curing silicone sealants
- Avoid contact with alcohol and other solvent cleaners during cure.
- Do not apply when moisture-vapor-transmission condition exists from the substrate as this can cause bubbling within the sealant.
- Use opened cartridges and uni-pac sausages the same day.
- When applying sealant, avoid air-entrapment.
- Since system is moisture-cured, permit sufficient exposure to air.
- White color tends to yellow slightly when exposed to ultra-violet rays.
- The ultimate performance of Sikaflex-1a depends on good joint design and proper application with joint surfaces properly prepared.
- The depth of sealant in horizontal joints subject to traffic is 1/2 in.
- Do not tool with detergent or soap solutions.
11FC adhesive, 305 ml grey or white.
Scelant 1A , 305 ml Grey.
Primer for 11FC, 250 ml.
Last Update: November 23 2004
Prices are in canadian dollars and can change without notice.